Their shoes are only-just fitting, the lost property department is brimming, and excitement is high as both teachers and pupils are on the big countdown to the summer holidays.
Before kids breakup, it’s time to give thanks to teachers for all their hard work over the last academic year. Show your appreciation to your teachers and make them a colourful Meri Meri Teacher Rosette – a fun and personal gesture.
Paper or lightweight card
1. There are different rosette colours and designs to choose from, which you can mix and match if you wish.
Once you have decided, print out the pages that you need.
2. Carefully cut out the two rectangle strips to make the rosette. Glue the two strips together to make one long length.
Glue the tab and stick to the second rectangle where it's labelled ‘Attach Here’.
3. Gently score each dashed line – this will make the folding process easier.
4. Now for accordion folding. There are vertical dashed lines and horizontal dashed lines.
Vertical Iines fold in to make valley folds and the horizontal lines fold over to make peak folds. The rosette will take shape as you keep folding. When you have finished, hold the rosette together by attaching some sticky tape to the back.
5. Cut out a ribbon backer. Glue the back of the rosette and stick to the ribbon backer.
6. Cut out a circle or a star for the front of your rosette and attach with glue. Some of the stars are blank for you to write your teacher’s name.
7. Now attach a safety pin to the back of the rosette. Cut out the small white rectangle.
Use sticky tape at the top and bottom of the rectangle with the non-fastening side of the safety pin in the middle underneath.
8. Personalise the rosette by adding a message for your teacher on the back of the rosette or you can even write their name on the ribbons.
9. Present the rosette to your teacher the last week of term and let them wear it with pride!