Make the Perfect Princess Castle
Little people who adore imaginative princess adventures will love to make and play with our excellent egg box princess castle and accessories. Especially designed for you by our talented designers, it’ll give hours of magical fun. We also share wonderful ways your kids can dress up as princesses too.
Visit a Magical Kingdom
Our princess castle craft make includes a sensational castle, 4 princesses, royal pets, a gorgeous unicorn, a swan and a lake, a blooming apple tree, a mirror and a fairy-tale carriage.
Click here for the templates to print out onto card (or paper which can then be glued onto card).
You will need:
- Double-sided tape (optional)
- Craft knife
- Push pin and tack
- String or rope
- Darning needle
- Egg box base
Step 1: Cut out the windows and around the door using a craft knife. Make sure you leave the bottom of the door attached.
Step 2: Fold down the door and glue the separate door piece onto the back, to make it double sided.Step 3: Punch holes in the front of the castle and in the door (use a push pin with a piece of tack behind, and then extend the hole with a pencil).
Cut two pieces of string (or rope) 6 inches long. Thread them through the front of the castle and through the door and knot each end. This will create a drawbridge.Step 4: Fold the tabs on the front and back of the castle and attach the sides. You can now place the egg box in the back.
Step 5: Set the scene. Will your princesses spend time in their castle or in the grounds, and will they visit their unicorn friend or swan?
Look Like a Beautiful Princess
Your kids will delight in dressing up as royalty whilst they play with their castle. Here are some clever ways to look princess perfect:
- Wear a long floaty tulle skirt. You can either simply tie tulle around your waist, or make a swishy skirt with a ribbon band, click here for details.
- Don a cloak for an aristocratic look. You can either tie a piece of soft fabric, like velvet or tulle, around your neck, or try this easy 30 minute princess cape make.
- Embrace hair jewelry, a crown or a tiara. We have a stunning range of hair accessories, like our Satin Bow Gem Hair slides and several beautiful crowns, like our pack of 8 Pink Glitter Party Crowns. Or why not make a tiara as a fun craft activity? Here’s a wide choice of 40 crown and tiara step-by-steps.
- Smooth your hair into a classic bun, or a neat plait, ready for hair accessories or royal headwear. Here are some super clever ways to create a bun.
Or, if you prefer, you can buy ready-made princess costumes, like our Glitter Princess Dress-Up Kit with a cape, headband and wand featuring shimmering gold stars or our Magical Princess Dress-Up Kit, with a beautiful pink tulle dress and ribboned princess hat.