Perfect for a mermaid-themed party or to hang up in their bedroom – this easy mermaid craft is a great activity for creative kids.
Piece of thin string or thick thread (18cm approx)
Hole Punch (or sharp pencil with a piece of tac underneath)
3 x Paper Fasteners per mermaid.
1) Print onto thin card and cut out all of the pieces.
2) Fold the mermaid’s tail in half and glue both sides together.
3) Fold the mermaid’s torso in half and sandwich the ends of the thread inside to create a hanging loop.
4) Glue the two sides together.
5) Punch holes wherever there is a small circle.
6) Curve the tail pieces round and glue into place using the glue tabs.
7) Assemble the mermaid as shown in the photo and use the paper fasteners to join her together.
8) Glue the tail fins inside the bottom tail piece.
You can use your mermaids as hanging decorations or gift adornments.